Bird In The Hand Primitives

Primitive Folk Art Designs and Finished Items
By: Robin Leuschen

" Who you are is God's gift to you........ What you do, is your gift to God !"

Monday, December 29, 2014

A NEW Year, but some catching up .....



 

I hope that everyone had a really great and Blessed Christmas....if not, then I'm praying for all of us to have a sweet new beginning full of peace, prosperity and health !
                      The picture above is from the day hubby and my son in law, Shaun, put our new kitchen floor in...it was so exciting i just kept oohing and ahhing as little by little it was completed.
                               
Here are a few pics I took after the floor was in and trim was added...

Now ....fast forward a little bit...here are a few pictures of Christmas decorating. If you want to get an idea of the work that's been done, just go back a few posts to see what the kitchen and living room looked like before....lol


A little design I drew on my chalkboard plaque in the kitchen entryway.




And, this is the only picture I have of the bathroom before anything except the tearing off of wallpaper was done....it even has my Dads shower chair still in the tub....lol
the bathroom had a medicine chest over the sink, that had a flourescent light attached to the top of the metal and mirrors...there was ONE outlet in the light, with which to plug any electrical device into....
I am beyond the moon thankful for a husband that is so knowledgeable in all the areas of construction !! He added to outlets to the bathroom one on each wall, and hard wired my new light over the vanity.



This was taken right after my Father had passed away.       



Here are a few quick pictures I took of the bathroom...it needs the new tub surround, tile is coming off the walls and we will be putting up wainscoting / bead board ....new sink and faucets and new flooring...







                                         
                                                                   I will get going for now...but hopefully I can keep up with my Blog a little better in the coming New Year .... It is on the top of my list of needed changes ...
Hugs,
Robin

                                              

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love what you have been doing in the house and your floors look the same as the ones we put in, except my kitchen is way too small, lol. We have an old bathroom too and I hate it but my husband seems to make more of a mess redoing things and now my tile is half there and some gone, so would love to redo the walls. Are you putting up regular wainscoting or is there a special type for the bathroom. We do have that in the house now, so if we can do it in the bathroom, that would be nicer than what we have now.

Debbie

kelley said...

the house is looking great Robin! wishing you a wonderful 2015...

Penny Shepherd said...

The house is looking beautiful! Many blessings and health to you in the new year!

Saundra said...

So nice to have you back blogging Robin. You have a new delightful home which has family roots ~ good for you. Hope this next year and others to follow will give you lots of joy.

Saundra

Myra said...

Wow ... no wonder you haven't been blogging. Talk about work ... it's just so darn neat Robin. Love everything!!!

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your new flooring, your home is lovely! Lecia

Rugs and Pugs said...

Welcome back. We miss you.
Your home is lookin' good and you've accomplished so much. Thank you for sharing.
Happy New Year.
Hugs :)
Lauren